Under the direction of Director Bryan Santo, the Administration Department oversees all functions related to the construction and maintenance of Macomb County’s roads, bridges, and transportation network.
The Administration Department:
- Oversees all MCDR functions.
- Plans and budgets for all Macomb County road, bridge, and traffic projects.
- Through the Community Outreach and Road Education (CORE) program, works closely with all of Macomb County’s cities, villages, and townships to identify and prioritize road and bridge improvement projects.
- Prepares all cost sharing documents to ensure projects are properly and completely funded.
- Ensures all projects that are eligible to receive federal aid, are applied for and remain eligible for future funding.
- Prepares grant applications and environmental documents for eligible projects.
- Establishes a list of roadway and transit projects for the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) in conjunction with the Southeast Michigan Council of Governments (SEMCOG), Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT), and every city, village and township in Macomb County.
- Distributes information, updates, and anticipated completion dates for projects to the public, local community officials, and news media.