Maintaining safe and reliable travel
The Department of Roads is responsible for the maintenance and management of more than:
- 1,700 miles of roadway
- 225 bridges
- 500 culverts
- 900 traffic signals, including advanced traffic signal systems
- 300 traffic cameras
- 60,000 signs
MCDR and its departments work relentlessly to ensure safe and reliable travel for all road users.
- Manage construction and maintenance of Macomb County roadways.
- Engineer and design all road and bridge projects under the jurisdiction of Macomb County.
- Plan, develop, and implement Macomb County road programs.
- Manage service requests, patching, pothole repair, grading, dust control, and other road maintenance.
- Manage snow and ice removal operations.
- Oversee and inspect all incoming requests for permits within the roads right of way.
- Provide permits for residential, commercial, and other construction within the roads right of way.
- Monitor real-time traffic flow, signal operations, and manage emergency responses to incidents on the roadways.
- Monitor road conditions for the department, residents, motorists, and first responders.
- Deliver a safe, efficient, and reliable traveling experience and road system for all Macomb County road users.