Circuit Court department
Ordering and filing Circuit Court documents
CourtView’s Web Public Access option provides general case look-up:
- CLICK HERE for common Circuit Court case type codes
- CLICK HERE for more information about the Macomb County Circuit Court
The Macomb County Clerk is not responsible for and does not maintain the public access CourtView web site.
Macomb County Circuit Court documents can be ordered online, by fax or mail or in person at the Macomb County Circuit Court Building.
CLICK HERE to order Circuit Court documents online
Fax or mail
CLICK HERE to order Circuit Court Documents by Fax or Mail (pdf)
Visit the Macomb County Circuit Court Building DIRECTIONS
The Circuit Court section of the Clerk's Office handles the filing of new civil, domestic, and criminal cases for the 16th Judicial Circuit Court as well as the filing of any future pleadings within those cases. All documents filed with the court are put on the computer system daily.
Filing By mail -- Court documents may be mailed to the Circuit Court Section, Macomb County Clerk's Office, 40 North Main (1st Floor), Mount Clemens, MI 48043. A cover letter is not required, but it may be helpful to include a letter containing filer's information, case information, payment information and all appropriate filing and copy fees. If you would like us to return stamped copies of your filing, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Fax filing -- Court documents may also be filed by fax. Download the Macomb County Circuit Court Fax Filing Cover Sheet (with instructions). Fax completed form to 586-469-5353.
eFiling -- E-filings can be submitted around the clock and will be dated for the date submitted regardless of the time. All Civil Cases, DO (divorce without minor children) and PPO (PP, PH, PJ) cases are e-file. E-file case initiation is only available for PPO case types. All other cases have to be initiated by paper.
- Fax Filing -- Circuit Court Fax Filing Form pdf
- Judges' motion schedule -- Before filing your Request for Hearing, please review available motion dates and times here.
- Request for Hearing on a motion -- This is the local form that is used to place a case on the motion docket for hearing by a judge on a motion day. It can also be used as the notice of hearing and proof of sevice.
- Notice of Hearing and motion -- MC 326 -- This is the State form that can be used to state a motion. It also provides for notice of hearing and certification of mailing; however, Macomb County also requires the above Request for Hearing on a motion.
- Name Change -- Name Change Form pdf
- PPO -- Personal Protection Order (PPO) Forms
- Publication of Notice of Hearing (PC 563)
- SCAO -- State Court Administrative Office (SCAO) Approved Court Forms
- More Macomb County Circuit Court Forms
Other important links
- Appeals -- Michigan Court of Appeals
- Bankruptcy -- United States Bankruptcy Court (Eastern District of Michigan)
- Circuit Court -- More information about the Macomb County Circuit Court
- Circuit Court Case Type Codes
- Criminal Records -- Search criminal history records
- District Courts
- Divorce Cases -- Information about divorce cases
- Fees -- Macomb County Circuit Court fees
- Friend of the Court information
- Judges' motion dates and times
- Legal Aide -- Phone 877-964-4700
- Legal Help -- "Michigan Legal Help" Self-Help Tools
- Macomb County Bar Lawyer Referral -- Phone 586-468-8300
- Name Change -- Download the Name Change Form and instructions
- PPO -- Information about Personal Protection Orders
- SCAO -- Michigan State Court Administrator's Office
- Stats -- Circuit Court filing statistics by case group
- State Bar of Michigan
- Statutes -- Copies of Michigan Statutes
- Supreme Court of Michigan