What are subwatershed management plans?
Subwatershed management plans provide a framework for communities to collaboratively address various issues related to water quality. For example, these plans include language about construction requirements, land use planning, public education and other relevant topics. Strategic planning done at a local level will have great influence on the future of the Clinton River watershed and Lake St. Clair.
- CREW Subwatershed Plan
- Lake St. Clair Subwatershed Plan
- Red Run Subwatershed Plan
- North Branch Subwatershed Plan
- Stony/Paint Creek Subwatershed Plan
CREW Subwatershed Plan
Encompasses the area surrounding the Main Branch and Middle Branch of the Clinton River in Macomb County
Area: Approximately 130-square-miles
- 51 percent residential
- 15 percentp parks and open space
- 12 percent agricultural
- 12 percent commercial/ industrial
- 7 percent government/institutional
- <3 percent transportation/communications