A service-connected disability is a chronic medical condition that was directly caused during military service, aggravated by military service, presumptive by military service or secondary to one that was caused by military service. Macomb County Veterans Services can assist you in applying for a service-connected disability.
There are lists of presumptive medical conditions for each war time era that are automatically assumed that occurred during your military service. The VA does not require the presumptive conditions prove service-connection, they are assumed if you served during a certain period.
Information needed to apply for this benefit:
- Dependent's DOB, social security numbers, place of birth and birth certificates (if applicable)
- Direct deposit information, such as routing and account numbers.
- Discharge or separation papers (DD Form 214) (Report of Separation)
- Drivers license or state ID
- Marriage license
- Medical records or medical evidence to support claim
- Previous marital information for veteran or spouse (if applicable)
- Spouse's social security number, DOB, place of birth