Reporting directly to Macomb County Executive Mark A. Hackel, the mission of the Macomb County Department of Planning and Economic Development is to retain, grow and attract economic investment while improving the overall quality of life for residents and businesses in Macomb County.
The department accomplishes this through five distinct program areas:
- Economic development - helping to retain and expand existing businesses while attracting new ones
- Park and natural resources - implementating the Blue Economy Initiative and Green Macomb
- Community planning - supporting local communities and a variety of agencies
- Mapping and data services - creating, managing and analyzing maps and data
- Marketing and communications - promoting Macomb County and providing opportunities for people to connect