Skip to main content
Macomb Community Action

Warming centers

There are places across Macomb County where individuals can find respite from the extreme heat and cold.

The main shelter is being hosted by Motor City Mitten Mission at Trinity Lutheran Church of Warren

Please call in advance for current information 313-854-5566

2024 Warming centers by community

Download the 2023/2024 Warming center locations

Other shelters

Adults seeking overnight shelter in the winter
Macomb County Winter Warming Shelter: 586-277-2500

If you are experiencing a heating emergency or facing homelessness, please call Macomb Community Action for assistance 586-469-6999.

Single person or family experiencing homelessness
The Salvation Army MATTS: 586-755-5191
MCREST: 586-415-5101

Youth experiencing homelessness
Family Youth Interventions: 586-465-1212

Veteran experiencing a housing emergency or homelessness
Veterans Community Resource and Referral Center: 313-576-1580

Experiencing domestic violence
Turning Point: 586-463-4430

In other communities
Wayne County (other than Detroit) | Wayne Metro: 734-284-6999
Detroit | CAM Detroit: 313-963-6601
Oakland County | CHN Housing Resource Center: 248-269-1335 or email

Cold weather safety


Frostbite is a bodily injury caused by freezing that results in loss of feeling and color in affected areas. Frostbite can permanently damage the body and severe cases can lead to amputation.

Stay safe this winter by learning more about frostbite, including who is most at risk, signs and symptoms and what to do if someone develops frostbite.


Hypothermia, or abnormally low body temperature, is a dangerous condition that can occur when a person is exposed to extremely cold temperatures. Body temperature that is too low affects the brain, making the victim unable to think clearly or move well.

Stay safe this winter by learning more about hypothermia, including who is most at risk, signs and symptoms and what to do if someone develops hypothermia.

Carbon monoxide poisoning

Carbon Monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that can cause sudden illness and death if inhaled.  Never use generators, grills, camp stoves or similar devices inside your home, basement, garage or camper.