Macomb County Prosecutor’s Office Crime Victim's Rights Unit
Request victim's rights
For Faster Service: Request rights with online form
or Text the Word “victim" or "rights” to 586-250-4090
Request rights by mail or email with printed form:
Download the form:
Text the word “victim advocate or victim rights” to 586-250-4090 to request victims rights.
If you choose to not submit your Rights Requested Form electronically, please use the forms below to request your rights.
In Michigan, a victim is an individual who suffers direct or threatened physical, financial, or emotional harm as a result of the commission of a crime. The Michigan Constitution and the Crime Victim Rights Act (MCL 780. 751) grants you certain rights:
• To be treated with fairness and with respect for your dignity and privacy throughout the criminal justice process.
• To be reasonably protected from the accused throughout the criminal justice process.
• To a timely disposition of the case following the arrest of the accused.
• To notification of court proceedings.
• To attend the trial and all other court proceedings the accused has the right to attend.
• To confer with the prosecution.
• To make a statement to the court at sentencing.
• To restitution.
• To information about the conviction, sentence, imprisonment, and release of the accused.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES TYPICAL COURT PROCESS Police Investigation Police Prepare Report and Request Warrant Case Reviewed by Prosecutor Warrant Authorized by Prosecutor District Court Misdemeanor PreTrial Trial Sentencing Felonies Probable Cause Conference Preliminary Exam Circuit Court Arraignments /Pretrials Trial Sentencing
To take advantage of these rights, you must notify the Macomb County Prosecutor’s Office. You must also keep the Victim’s Rights Unit informed of your current address and phone number. If you fail to follow these instructions, you may not receive the benefit of some of the rights listed within this pamphlet.
Crime victim forms
Crime victim links
Domestic Violence (Turning Point)