The mission of the 16th Judicial Circuit Court Swift and and Sure Sanctions Probation Program is to provide a judicially-supervised program of intense supervision, education, treatment, and guidance to Macomb County high-risk felony offenders with a history of probation violations for failures, and produce sober, law-abiding and productive citizens resulting in reduction of crime, reduction in cost to the community, reduction of recidivism rates, and a safer community.
- Established 2018
- Honorable James M. Maceroni
- Sanction sessions are held on Monday and Thursday at 2:30 pm.
- Sentencing and orientation hearings are held on Thursday at 2:30 pm.
- High risk felony probationers with a history of non-compliance/failure of probation.
- Macomb County Resident.
- Must not have one of the excluded charges listed on the statute.
- Must score a Medium or High on COMPAS.
- No eligibility requirements for substance use or mental health.
- The Presentence Investigation Report (PSI) is needed to review for the program.
- The Michigan Department of Corrections, Probation Department will complete a Swift and Sure eligibility form, which will be attached to the back of every PSI.
- At the time of sentencing, the Judge, seeing that a defendant is eligible, may request that a defendant be considered for Swift and Sure, and adjourn sentencing for 2-3 weeks.
- The originating Court or the defense attorney may notify the Program Coordinator to have the Swift and Sure team review the case.
- If accepted, the case will be reassigned to Judge Maceroni and rescheduled for both sentencing and the orientation hearing.
- If denied, the case will remain on the docket of the originating Court.
For more information, please contact Brett Karwowicz, Specialty Court Coordinator 586-463-8746