Skip to main content

Military discharge FAQs

Welcome to the Military Discharge Records "Frequently Asked Questions" page of the Macomb County Clerk / Register of Deeds website.

Below you will find answers to typical questions about filing Military Discharge Papers and obtaining a certified copy of a Macomb County Military Discharge Record.

CLICK HERE for to return to the Military Discharge Records Information page

What do I need to get a copy of my DD214 if I did register it in your office?

A valid driver's license is required (no copy fee required.)

If I don't know if I registered by DD214, how do I get a copy?

If unsure of where a discharge was filed, write to National Personnel Records Center, Military Records Branch, 9700 Page Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63132 or visit their website

  • Mailing Address: Macomb County Military Discharge Records, 120 North Main Street, Mount Clemens, MI 48043
  • Phone: 586-469-5205