Skip to main content

Weatherization Assistance Program

The Weatherization Assistance Program performs installation of energy efficient items to conserve energy in Macomb County homes.

Weatherization improvements reduce energy use and can save an average of 30 percent on heat/utility bills. A home energy audit determines which items will be installed. Energy saving services may include: 

  • Wall insulation
  • Attic insulation and ventilation 
  • Floor/foundation insulation 
  • Air leakage reduction 
  • Furnace repair or replacement 
  • Other energy saving measures


Macomb County families and individuals who are interested in having their home weatherized must meet eligibility guidelines:

  • Services are free to those who qualify. 
  • Must meet current federal income guidelines. Income includes gross income of everyone residing in the home at the time of application. 
  • Recipients of FIP or SSI who have received benefits during any of the past 12 months are automatically income eligible. 
  • Applicants must be residents of Macomb County. If you do not live in Macomb County, please contact Michigan Community Action or call 1-855-MI-ACTION to find your local Weatherization Assistance Program. 
  • Weatherization crews cannot work on any home that is for sale.

How to apply

You must call 586-469-6329 to apply for service.

All applicants must provide

  • Proof of home ownership/landlord's information
  • Income documentation for all residents
  • Current gas bill
  • Current electric bill

Landlords may participate in the program by having their single or multi-unit rental properties weatherized. A cost-sharing fee may be requested from landlords to help cover the cost of materials and labor.

For more information about the Weatherization Assistance Program

Phone: 586-469-6329
Fax: 586-469-7436

Macomb Community Action
21885 Dunham Road, Suite 10 
Clinton Township, MI 48036

When emailing questions regarding services, please include your full name, phone number or other contact information, and city of residence. This helps us to serve you more efficiently.

If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired, you may wish to utilize the Michigan Relay Service by calling 7-1-1 for assistance in placing a call to Macomb Community Action.