Macomb Matters August 2022 Issue 83
Macomb Matters August 2021 Issue 77
Macomb Matters August 2020 Issue 71
Macomb Matters June 2020 Issue 70
Macomb Matters July 2019 Issue 65
Macomb Matters July 2018 Issue 59
- Message from Mark
- Employee Focus - Dr. Mareitta Alston
- For your benefit - Summer health and safety tips
- Volunteer opportunity - Sign up to walk in the Romeo Peach Festival Parade
- County-wide public art map launching at the end of summer
- Employee Accolades - Macomb County Sheriff's Deputy Gregory Simmons receives award
The point of origin for Macomb County’s mile roads is marked by a medallion which was embedded in a stone walkway in Campus Martius Park in Detroit in 1806. This created Detroit’s coordinate system. While Ford Road in Detroit marks the first mile road, 50 Mile, or Bowers Road, in Lapeer County marks the end of the mile roads.
A resolution to change the name of the historic William P. Rosso Highway came before the Chesterfield Township Board on Feb. 4, 2014. Two local businessmen were in favor of changing the name to Hall Road as they thought the current name might confuse visitors from out of state.