MACOMB BUSINESS AWARDS
Save the Date - Macomb Business Awards - Thursday, September 16, 2021
After last year’s cancellation due to COVID-19, we are excited to announce the return of the Macomb Business Awards! Slated for the afternoon of Thursday, September 16, the in-person event will be held at Jimmy John's Field in downtown Utica. Join us as we celebrate local businesses for their innovations, their generosity and their resilience. Tickets will be available soon.
In the meantime, nominations will be accepted in six categories from July 12-30. We encourage all organizations to consider nominating themselves or others for recognition. Find guidance and other resources that can help you complete the submission on this page and make sure to mark your calendars for the in-person awards event, where we will announce all of the winners! We look forward to highlighting all of the great businesses that make Macomb their home.
Interested in sponsoring the event? Learn more!
The 2021 Macomb Business Awards categories are:
- Champion of Workplace Culture – Fosters a flexible and creative workplace that enables employees to balance work with their personal commitments.
- Hometown Hero – Supports/supported the community in an extraordinary way throughout the last year (i.e. pivoted to produce PPE or sanitation products; donated meals to first responders, etc.).
- Diversity and Inclusion Leader – Continuously cultivates a work environment where diversity is valued as evidenced by inclusive practices.
- Hidden Gem – A small business with 1-50 employees that offers a unique “made in Macomb” product or service that more people should know about.
- Manufacturer of the Year – A manufacturer or supplier of any size in any industry that is achieving success through its efforts to diversify its customer base, retain employees and/or implement new technologies or efficiencies.
- Trailblazer of Future Talent – Creates opportunities for the next generation of Macomb County’s workforce to explore career possibilities and experience work-based learning.