Goldenberry adult day Caring center
GoldenBerry Adult Day Caring Center will soon be credentialed as a Montessori Inspired Lifestyle® (MIL) Adult Day Program, the first in the United States to do so! MIL is a person-centered approach to living that involves understanding a person’s capabilities and interests and developing care plans and activities that match the individual. This approach leads to greater independence and maintenance of remaining abilities among people with cognitive and physical disabilities. It is also an approach to living that emphasizes key values of respect, dignity and equality. MIL training is rooted in the rehabilative techniques and educational approaches originated by Dr. Maria Montessori. It has been developed through decades of gerontological and neuro-psychological research by Dr. Cameron Camp and his team at the Center for Applied Research in Dementia.
The Adult Day Caring Center opened its doors to clients in 1984. The center provides programs of both social and medical models geared at allowing those with physical and cognitive disabilities to remain in a safe and comfortable environment during the day.
GoldenBerry is a state of the art program in Macomb County for individuals with Alzheimers or dementia related conditions. The goal is to enhance quality of life for older adults impacted by dementia. The Center offers respite care for caregivers who are in need of assistance caring for their loved one. Staff provide continuous supervision and practice mandated safety protocols.
Oversight and staffing of the program are managed through Martha T. Berry Medical Care Facility.
- Specializing in helping individuals that have been diagnosed with the following:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Personalized service with 1:3 staff to participant ratio
- Staffing includes Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), access to a Registered Nurse and a Social Worker.
- Flexible attendance options available Monday-Friday
- Lift-equipped wheelchair transportation is available to those within a 10-mile radius of the center
- Activities focus on cognitive and sensory stimulation, exercise and recreation
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Incontinence care provided
- Personal care (bathing) is also available on site
- Health monitoring
- Medication management
- Socialization for the participant
- Caregiver support
- And much more!
The Adult Day Caring Center is a cost-effective alternative to other forms of health care, such as home health and home nursing care. Funding assistance may be available through Area Agency on Aging 1-B or Veteran Affairs for those who qualify.
- A Macomb County resident.
- Cannot safely be left home alone.
- Can no longer structure his or her own daily activities.
- Is experiencing social isolation, depression, memory loss or chronic illness.
Come and experience the difference. Schedule a tour of the facility and a FREE 4-hour stay for your loved one.
For more information on the Adult Day Caring Center contact:
Office of Senior Services
21885 Dunham Road, Entrance B
Clinton Township, MI 48036
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
When emailing questions regarding services, please include your name, phone number or other contact information, and city of residence. This helps us to serve you more efficiently.
Deaf, deaf or hard of hearing:
Please call TTY at 586-469-5962