Court hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:30pm
The Romeo Court Building is currently closed to the public for the health and safety of the community and the court staff, except for limited scheduled Probable Cause Hearings, pre-approved cash payments or other matters as designated by the court.
If you are scheduled to appear at the court building, you MUST check in from your vehicle and wait for a text approval to come to the front door to enter.
- Check in at: romeocheckin.com
- You will need to answer several health questions and then wait for a text response
- Please remain in your vehicle until you receive a text approving you to enter
** If you do not have a smart phone, you may approach the door and use a kiosk to check in **
- Mail: 14713 33 Mile Rd, Romeo, MI 48065
- Dropbox: located on the east side of the court building
- Online: https://govpaynow.com Pay Location Code: 1437
- Phone: 888-604-7888 and use pay location code: 1437
- Mail (checks / money orders): 14713 33 Mile Rd, MI 48065
- Dropbox (checks / money orders): located on the east side of the court building
*Note – if your license is suspended, you must pay by cash or credit card. Please call the court if you need to make a cash payment.
About the 42-1 District Court
The 42-1 Judicial District Court is a limited jurisdiction court serving Romeo, Washington Township, Armada Village, Armada Township, Richmond, Richmond Township, Memphis, Ray Township and Bruce Township. The Court has jurisdiction over criminal misdemeanors, civil cases in which the amount in dispute is $25,000 or less, parking violations, traffic violations and other civil infractions, landlord-tenant disputes, and small claims matters up to $6,500. In addition, the Court has initial jurisdiction on criminal felony cases for the purpose of determining probable cause.