Key services or functions:
- Assist in the development of the capital budget.
- Coordinate architectural and engineering services.
- Coordinate vendor services as it pertains to maintenance of facilities and infrastructure.
- Responsible for climate control within facilities, including heating and cooling, pneumatic systems, routine maintenance of filters, chilled water systems, cooling towers and steam-line infrastructures.
- Responsible for repairs and upgrades to interior and exterior lighting equipment, power feeds and electrical infrastructures.
- Responsible for the maintenance, repair and annual inspections of all life/safety systems, including fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems, elevators, emergency generators, etc.
- Responsible for all landscape and grounds maintenance, including grass cutting, snow removal and using “best practices” to minimize adverse impacts on the environment.
- Responsible for repairs and maintenance of plumbing fixtures, drains, grease traps and backflow prevention.
- Responsible for custodian and housekeeping maintenance including stocking paper products, recycling materials, refuse pickup, etc.
- Coordinates hazardous material abatement.
Goals and objectives:
- Implement planned maintenance programs, which are designed to extend the useful life of buildings and operating systems and to avoid premature capital outlay for replacement.
- Provide a level of service in maintaining the County general fund buildings with the continued decrease in budget and manpower.
- Further evaluate cleaning product line and delivery for additional cost savings.
- Maintain a maintenance schedule for all mechanical systems.
- Negotiate discounts with suppliers.
- Provide quarterly inspections of mechanical and electrical systems, identifying components needing repair or replacement.