The MCAT three-branched focus utilizes subcommittees to provides education, communication and direction to all possible responders and residents throughout Macomb County; to investigate and successfully prosecute cases of human trafficking to the fullest extent of the law; and to support survivors as they transition into restorative lifestyles.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criminal Justice Subcommittee
- Investigate and prosecute cases of human trafficking
- Coordinate with our service providers to provide assistance and support
- Provide available training as it becomes available
- Intelligence/information sharing
- Protect, prosecute, prevention
The purpose of the Criminal Justice Subcommittee is to establish a collaborative effort amongst Macomb County Law Enforcement agencies to investigate human trafficking activity, identify and apprehend offenders, and to work with prosecuting attorneys to successfully prosecute those responsible.
Education & Public Awareness Subcommittee
- To develop accurate and engaging training with consistent messaging
- To identify and make available trusted resources and information
- To build public awareness by participating in community events and activities
- To enlist community partners who are able to help MCAT educate various populations and professions in Macomb County
The purpose of this committee is to raise awareness and increase anti-trafficking activity in Macomb County by disseminating factual and reliable information and identifying community partners.
Services to Trafficked Persons Subcommittee
- Assist with providing training and resources to trafficked persons.
- Assess service needs and gaps with local agencies, (to include True North Freedom, Sanctum House, Hope Against Trafficking, and others servicing exploited persons).
- Implement procedures that ensure smooth referrals and collaboration amongst involved agencies/members.
The purpose of the Services to Trafficked Persons Subcommittee is to ensure that high quality, appropriate services are available to trafficked persons, regardless of gender, race, age, and demographics.