There are nearly 18,000 businesses that call Macomb County home. They are important not only for the direct jobs they create but also for the many ways that they contribute to our communities in general.
County Executive Mark A. Hackel, along with the Macomb County Department of Planning & Economic Development would like to honor a business in each of the following categories at an event on February 11, 2014.
Nominations were accepted between October 9 and December 9, 2013 in the following categories:
- Champion of Workforce Development – significant job growth utilizing innovative ways to hire, train and keep employees focused on continuous improvement practices.
- Diversification Leader – success in balancing a customer base to serve multiple industries
- Energy Efficiency Expert – best use of green technologies to reduce energy consumption and reduce operating expenses
- Corporate Citizen – meaningful involvement in community projects through service and support
- Startup Business of the Year - in operation for four years or less with more than one employee
- Economic Development Partner of the Year – department collaborator that provides outstanding service in conjunction with department clients (selected by the department)
Submit a Nomination
Learn more about all of the 2014 nominees in the event's program book.